2011-06-29

Bassless again

This evening I used Thomann's 30-day money-back guarantee and sent back my Harley Benton HBB400-SET 2. I decided to use this possibility to buy me a bass more suitable for a beginner. This decision came after a good friend of mine, who is a very good bass player and a (former) bass guitar teacher had a look at my bass and noticed that it was not possible to get the strings closer to the fretboard. The Harley Benton HBB400TBK might be OK to play for an experienced player, but it is too hard to play for a beginner, like me.
Since I bought it in a specially priced set it was better to send the whole package back, and I will then also upgrade to a better amplifier. 
So as soon as Thomann has refunded my money, these are now what I will go for: An Ibanez SR300 bass and a Behringer BXL1800 amplifier.
At least this new bass free time will give me a chance to learn the bass fretboard to perfection ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment