2011-06-15

Step 2 - Get a good teacher

The kids of today might think it is weird that neither the first nor the second step is to figure out a cool name and design the t-shirts for the band I will join once I know how to play, but I'm a geezer ;-)
My second step was to research (i.e. google) if there are any good online bass courses. One of the very first  pages I found was this: Teach Me Bass Guitar Review.
So after reading that, and some other reviews I headed over to  Teach Me Bass Guitar (from now on TMBG), checked the info there and some sample videos on YouTube .
Roy Vogt seemed to be just the right teacher for me, so I then ordered myself a copy of the course.

I also ordered a couple of Bass for dummies books online (I'll list them in a later post) and booked a couple of DVD/book bass courses from the local library. (Mainly because I fear that it will take a week or two for the TMBG course to arrive, and I want to start as soon as the bass has arrived).

I guess Step 3 is to now wait for the gear and DVDs to arrive, but I won't write a separate post for that...

No comments:

Post a Comment